Kathleen L. ColeAttorney
Over 25 Years Of Experience Successfully Representing Michigan Family Law Client
Cole Family Law founding/principal attorney Kathleen L. Cole has over 25 years of experience successfully representing family law clients. She received her Juris Doctor from Michigan State University College of Law and her Bachelor of Arts in International Relations from James Madison College at Michigan State University. Kathleen is admitted to practice law in the state of Michigan (1995) and U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (2000), and is a Certified Domestic Mediator.
Kathleen is committed to providing pro-bono legal services to clients whenever she can. She is a past program volunteer for Schoolcraft College’s “Ask An Attorney” program. She has also volunteered for the William Booth Legal Aid Clinic and Lakeshore Legal Aid Clinic.
Kathleen is a member of the Michigan State Bar Association, Wayne County Family Law Bar Association, American Bar Association, Alternative Dispute Resolution Section of the State Bar of Michigan, Michigan Institute of Continuing Legal Education, and Michigan State Bar Association Family Law Section. She is a past president of the Livonia Bar Association and is an American Bar Foundation fellow. She previously served as the City of Westland City Attorney.
Kathleen is both an attorney and a magistrate. She provides legal services to clients throughout the Metro Detroit area. If you have questions about a family law matter, call attorney Kathleen L. Cole at 734-237-3908 today for a free initial consultation. You can also reach out online.
- Family Law
- Child Custody
Michigan State University College of Law, East Lansing, Michigan
- Juris Doctor
James Madison College at Michigan State University, Michigan
- Bachelor of Arts
- Major: International Relations
- Michigan, 1995
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- Schoolcraft College “Ask an attorney” program volunteer
- William Booth Legal Aid Clinic
- Lakeshore Legal Aid Clinic
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Domestic Relations Mediator
- Michigan State Bar Association, Member
- Wayne County Family Law Bar Association, Member
- Livonia Bar Association, Past President and Current Board Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Section of the State Bar of Michigan., Member
- Michigan Institute of Continuing Legal Education, Member
- Michigan State Bar Association Family Law Section, Member
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow Livonia Chamber of Commerce, Member
Current Employment Position
- Former Assistant City Attorney, City of Westland